Friday 1 June 2007

A Future Beginning


"You're a white-collar worker, YOU'RE TURNING liberal!" -Tiarnee
"I can't believe you're joining the corporate world" - Sus

Only the most avid of my readers (Read: Aaron & Sus) will have noticed that back in March & April, I alluded to travelling to both Adelaide and Melbourne. I didn't however allude to the fact that these two trips were very much related. Apparently, I did well enough in the inital group (& personal) interview to warrant a second look. The second look was in Melbourne, where I was asked a series of programming questions and asked to work them through on a board. I honestly thought it went ok without being brilliant. I was told then & there that I would hear either way within 2 weeks. That was almost a month ago.

Since then, I'd all but accepted the fact that I hadn't gotten the job. That was ok, it is after all only June, which is heaps of time to find other stuff. I did however want to put the whole idea to rest in my mind, an email and 3 working days later, I get a 9am phone call from mum. I have recieved a big manilla envelope in the mail. She starts reading, I sit up in bed, no longer in the drowsy half-asleep mode I was when she rang.

I been offered a positon as a 'Graduate Software Engineer' with this company.

I found that out on Wednesday, but it's only starting to sink in now. While I type a blog on company time in my current job. I'm the most blessed guy going around I rekon. I'm in constant awe of Gods faithfullness to me, inspite of my non-faithfullness to him. He has had every step of my life planned, and never failed to silence my own doubts about his ways.

I'm going to be a 21 year-old Graduate Software Developer. It's amazing. My future is starting now, who (God) knows where it will end.

I'll leave you with this quote:
13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

5 comments:

Unknown on 1 June 2007 at 10:04 pm said...

Jonny

Im so proud of you and how God works in your life. CONGRATULATIONS mate! Now can you puh-lease do my Python/XML assignment?
Mels :)

Achi Myachi on 2 June 2007 at 4:16 pm said...

hahahahahahaha... what else can I say other than congratulations, and also - ADELAIDE =P

PI007 on 4 June 2007 at 8:44 am said...

It was great news to hear and shows that God is in control and leading your life as long as you follow His will.

Romans 8:28

Turtle on 4 June 2007 at 8:08 pm said...

Congratulations mate.

Can't wait to be able to party properly with you, and celebrate your blessings with you.

So, you're shout for a drink?

T.

Anonymous said...

I can safely say that other than you, I am the most excited and happiest person for you! Congratulations and I pray that God stays in your life! So does this mean I get a hug at least once a week now...? :-)

 

A Country Nerd in the city. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved