Thursday 28 June 2007

Friendly Competition


Aaron & I are quite good mates. We both started Uni & Res. life at the same time, both studying I.T. and more importantly, we are Christian brothers. These many similarities have lead to quite a bit of friendly, but high-spirited competition between the two of us. The best example of this, began at the start of 2006, when we took up playing squash against each other. For a start I was beating Aaron convincingly, as I'd played before a lot more, then over time he improved and for the latter half of 2006 we where both quite even in skill level. However, this year that all changed, me having won only 2 of our weekly encounters all year to date. I almost literally had to beat him, in order to defeat him.

But as this list shows, squash isn't the only thing we've managed to make competitive:
  • Best PC - Me winning at present
  • Best Uni marks - Aaron
  • Football teams - Spoils shared here, with Essendon fairing better overall in 2007, but with Port giving the Mighty Bombers a shock loss a week or so ago.
  • His bigger res. bedroom Vs not having to cook for myself as much.
  • Call of Duty: United Offensive - Only just taken it up again after a long break, Aaron used to have the wood over me, but after some practice, I seem to be slightly better, for the time being.
This competition has now reached the online world. For quite a long while my blog was racking up many more hits than his, but over the last month or so the tide has changed. His overall count has almost reached mine, his counter being at roughly 700, & mine (even though it seems to have disappeared of my main page, not sure why) being about 770 at present. If current trends continue, he'll overtake me in the next 5 - 7 days. But as of today, we're both on holidays, so with the extra time on our hands, expect a flurry of activity on this blog in particular over the next 2-3 weeks. So it would help me out a lot if you could all check back regularly...

3 comments:

PI007 on 29 June 2007 at 9:47 am said...

Great post

We are both quite competitive and I enjoy the competition in squash and many other facets.

Yes you are winning in the blog visits and COD situations and PC spot atm - may change soon though, but I keep saying that as well for something else ;)

...and Port are on a comeback I think...and so am I in the above areas...

Kylie on 29 June 2007 at 3:22 pm said...

"But as of today, we're both on holidays, so with the extra time on our hands, expect a flurry of activity on this blog in particular over the next 2-3 weeks. So it would help me out a lot if you could all check back regularly..."

Oh if only for holidays!!

Surely you can find something better to do than update blogs more-than-daily!

Jan on 2 July 2007 at 4:03 am said...

I once tried to read the output of one of these automated translation thingis on my blog so I'm impressed if you managed to make any sense out of anything =)

About the wildlife, its boring that I missed the platypus as I managed to see basically every "aussie animal" there are (although most of them were within fences)... =)

About the aereal view... That's not my Ballarat-sized hometown to the left, that's actually the CAPITAL of my glorious nation: Stockholm! Obviously there are major "arcitectural" differences between the cities, but still Melbourne has 3.5 times the number of people in Stockholm, and is about 100 times better =)

 

A Country Nerd in the city. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved