Friday 22 June 2007

Hands Free


This is a blogging first for me. Everything about this blog has been completed without me touching the keyboard. Everything from opening Firefox, to opening Windows Media Player so I can listen to dc Talk. Voice recognition is one of the most ingenious yet frustrating features of Windows Vista. My initial observations are that it is good for simple program navigation but very frustrating to dictate text into. But I'm sure it will improve over time, both as I improve at using it and as the software slowly improves.

Yes ladies and gentlemen that's right, except now when I talk to my computer…. it listens.

1 comments:

Achi Myachi on 23 June 2007 at 4:29 pm said...

the best way I find to use voice recognition is to speak with an american accent ;)

 

A Country Nerd in the city. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved