Monday 14 May 2007

Good Signs


While I don't think anyone is game enough to call the drought over yet, there is a lot of hope for this coming season and the rest of this year. The signs are definitely better than they where this time last year. I noticed this especially when I was at home over the weekend, the country-side is green again, (this didn't happen till June-July last year) and the tractors are out in-force seeding this years crop.

If statistics are anything to go by, Kaniva has already had more rain in 2007 than it had for the entire year of 2006.

3 comments:

PI007 on 14 May 2007 at 8:26 pm said...

It sure is looking up. I think we are going to be in for quite a wet season which will be a turn-around from the last several years.

I bet it was greener down my way though :P

Kylie on 14 May 2007 at 9:51 pm said...

It was noticably greener out at the CSU winery yesterday, but we haven't had rain in the past weekish... The paddocks are still brown (dirt, not dead grass)... There is apparently some rain due here in the next weekish...

Achi Myachi on 15 May 2007 at 3:42 pm said...

its funny what a little bit of rain can do - the whole place is really green. They can keep their water restrictions, God's looking after my garden! (of which is nothing).. OK, God's looking after the grass!

 

A Country Nerd in the city. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved