Thursday 19 July 2007

Life Changing Love


And I'm racking my brain for a new improved way
To let you know you're more to me than what I know how to say
You're ok with the way this is going to be
Cause this is going to be the best thing we've ever seen
- Relient K

Surreal. Joyous. Anxious. Apprehensive. Happy. Tired. Blessed. Are but some of the emotions I'm feeling at the moment. Allow me to explain why:

Surreal - Because as we walked out under the Jetty at Lake Charlegrak, I felt unlike I ever had before as I spoke to her, held her hands & then dropped down onto one knee. It was incredible and amazing, I almost remember it as though I was standing there watching someone else. But it was me.
Joyous - Because of the silent moment where we realised that all the pains of a Long Distance Relationship were worth it before she smiled, and looked lovingly, and said "Yes".
Anxious - Because people may think we're "too young."
Happy - Because she liked the ring and I think it looks beautiful on her. Because all our (extended) families where together for a meal for the first time tonight. Because I've been able to see most of my close friends this afternoon. Those that I havn't seen I'll be able to catch up with over the next few days.
Tired - The emotion of telling people close to you about your life changing decision is encouraging & almost overwhelming, not to mention somewhat tiring.
Blessed - Because I'm the most blessed guy going around. God is amazing. He's given me everything. I'm engaged. To a pretty girl with a beautiful heart. She's so different from anyone that I've ever met. It is just the most amazing and wonderfull feeling in the world.

Wow.



7 comments:

Karina on 20 July 2007 at 12:30 am said...

(Once again) congratulations :D
May God bless you and I hope you two have a fantastic future ahead.

PI007 on 20 July 2007 at 10:10 am said...

On the count of 3: 1, 2, 3....Aaawwww

Congratulations Jonny and Tiarnee on your engagement. It was wonderful news to hear even though I knew 'something was in the works'.

May God richly bless you both as you now prepare for the wedding.

So when are you having kids?...maybe a little too soon ;)

Bec on 20 July 2007 at 11:50 am said...

"ahhhhhhhhh" Yep that was outloud!

Congratulations Jonny and Tiarnee (although I've never met Tiarnee).
That's fantastic!! Wow, I had no idea.

any hints/tips etc. please ask. I'm by no means an expert but I've been at it for 3-4mths now.

Stephanie Jewell on 20 July 2007 at 12:42 pm said...

Congratulations :D

May the future run smoothly for you two :)

Achi Myachi on 20 July 2007 at 5:33 pm said...

"but don't you want to... travel?"

hehe congratulations!!! May God bless both of you abundantly!

(please tell me u get that whole travel thing!)

Squid on 20 July 2007 at 6:05 pm said...

Now, I'm faced with the choice of what to say.

I could say "Congratulations", but I bet you've heard that word enough if you heard it another time you'd jump off a bridge. That's not to say I wouldn't mean it, though.

I could also say "God Bless", but eventually you'll get so blessed you'll go off the positive end of the blessing measurement scale and end up either on the imaginary plane/in complex numbers, or back to the negative end of the scale.

I think I'll be safe and stick with something left field.

Have a merry life together! :p

matthilljnr on 20 July 2007 at 8:16 pm said...

woohoo! nice job! congratulations!

 

A Country Nerd in the city. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved