Thursday 16 August 2007

Does this bother you?


Read "In Iraq, sex is traded for survival"and tell me if it bothers you. Because it certainly bothers me.
She said: "I'm a nice-looking woman and it wasn't difficult to find a client. When we got to the bed I tried to run away … I just couldn't do it, but he hit and raped me. When he paid me afterwards, it was finished for me.

"When I came home with some food I had bought from that money and saw my children screaming of happiness, I discovered that honour is insignificant compared to the hunger of my children."
So this is what we've helped to create.

Why doesn't our media do reports like that one? For those like me that wonder the real reasons for the war in Iraq, have a read of this article:
Row over Iraq oil law


0 comments:

 

A Country Nerd in the city. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved