Monday 29 October 2007

Like it was yesterday


I remember the days when I used to have to do assignments & tests etc. at school and Uni. I remember clearly the nights when I would go to bed at 3 & 4am only to be up before 9 in order to make looming deadlines. I remember when I would watch episodes of [Scrubs] and 'How I Met Your Mother' in order to procrastinate and avoid thinking about assignments. I remember how about week 8-9 every semester I would freak out about the amount of work I had left to do and complain to Tiarnee about it. Yet every time I would get them all done and still manage to pass. (& often more!) I remember how God was with me every step of the way, even though I couldn't see him most of the time. I remember the time that I passed a subject, simply because my assignment partner was about the smartest guy in the IT School. I remember teaching myself C++ as I completed my assignments because I couldn't understand what was said in class. I remember comparing my marks & work to my classmates and wondering how I was there with them.

I remember handing in my last assignment and thinking NO MORE ASSIGNMENTS EVER!!!! I remember feeling relieved and happy that I've made it this far. But most of all, I remember being thankfull to God. Thankfull that I've made it in-spite of all that I do not know. Thankfull that I'm 4 exams away from a Degree in Information Technology. Thankfull that I've found a job that I can make a career out of. Thankfull that I really enjoy this job & that I'll always be challenged and learning from it.

Yep. I remember the feeling of doing assignments like it was yesterday. Hang on, it actually was yesterday. No more assignments. Ever.

1 comments:

Achi Myachi on 30 October 2007 at 9:20 am said...

(what I initially thought when I saw the headline)

Hebrews 3:15

Jesus Christ is the same today, yesterday and forever


:) Bless ya!

 

A Country Nerd in the city. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved