Sunday 18 February 2007

FINAL YEAR


So, I'm heading back to Ballarat tomorrow. To embark upon my FINAL YEAR OF UNI! (How does that feel Prof-praccers?) Anyway, I have to say. Mixed feelings all around. It's good that I'm going back to see my Uni mates, it's good that I'm going to be doing something productive with my time & not wasting it. It's UNREAL that I'm a final year. So close to a real job, real money & a real life. At the location of my choosing. I can't believe all that is laid out before me & all I have to do is take it. The possibility of moving to Adelaide is one that is almost too good to be true.

Yet, every time I think of this possibility three very distinct things happen:
  1. I think of how awesome being that close to Tiarnee would be.
  2. I get this horrible taste of the remaining dregs of the Murray River in my mouth.
  3. I remember a saying that I once heard "we make sacrifices for what we love." 1 Corinthians 13 sums that all up really.
The flip side to those mixed feelings is that: Tiarnee will be 600km away, holidays are fun and I hate packing. (& unpacking!) Oh & the Internet isn't free any more.

6 comments:

Achi Myachi on 18 February 2007 at 11:41 pm said...

I hate you! I HATE YOU ALL! While we're both in our third years, you see the finish line and I'm only half way!!!!! BAH!

Actually, I want to stay at uni forever, in fear of facing the 'real world'. I have considered being a post-grad.

"distance makes the heart grow fonder" they say.

1 cor 13 is good. I don't think just in a romantic sense, but also in how you should treat your brothers and sisters, even our enemies.

All the best for the future. May God direct you in everything.

Sammy

Samantha Louise on 20 February 2007 at 11:37 am said...

I'm assuming tiarny (sp?) is the love of your life? *smiles*

I'm final year uni too... Was spose to finish 2005! Don't do waht I did and muck around your final year and fail subjects! Cos you'll be weeping when you come back two years later.

Anonymous said...

Well I think what you are doing is very brave, you must love this girl a lot to move to a completely new city. Starting a new life somewhere isn't easy and what you are doing must make her feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

PI007 on 22 February 2007 at 1:38 pm said...

As a prof-praccer I have to say it, who is better off? Prof-praccer or non Prof-praccer?

We get to do one less unit each semester and work at IBM and we get paid scholarship money which is a bit more than the normal rate and we are more likely to be offered better graduate positions. Uni isn't that bad so one year extra won't hurt that much, especially in the long term.

Who will you play squash with in Adelaide?

Jonny on 22 February 2007 at 3:27 pm said...

Aaron:
scholarship money. Check.
Experience at IBM. Check.
Degree in Information Technology. Check.
The only point you've got me on is the squash.

Thank you heaps to my 2 new commentors (commentators?). Yeah, I am a bit apprehensive about it, cos it is a big thing. But if God wants it, it'll happen.

Anonymous said...

LOL Your welcome to have my message, and I agree that if God wants it that you should have confidence in what he wants. In response to Sammy's comment, yes distance does make the heart grow fonder, but man and woman were never sposed to be alone, and so if I was in Jonny's shoes, at the same time I would be scared but I wouldn't be able to wait, it would be such a large step but exciting at the same time :-)

 

A Country Nerd in the city. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved